The False Power of Ego
On Oct 10, 2011, Oprah and Eckhart Tolle posted the Webcast – The False Power of Ego.
Personally, I absolutely love Oprah’s Life-classes and Eckard Tolle’s lessons about the ego. Rita, an audience member, HUGELY inspired me. I hope these quotes from the show inspire you as well.
Eckhart Tolle asserted:
- “We should strive to not be defined by what other people say.”
- “Ego involves: using people for our own purposes, feeling threatened by other people or feeling envy when someone else gets something good.”
Audience Member, Rita said:
- “I don’t any longer think it is possible, that other people can hurt me, they are just giving me their observation and I am giving it meaning, so I get to choose what that meaning is.”
- “I am addicted to approval and appreciation!” OK, now who isn’t?
- “If I think I need it, it is ego, because I already have everything I need.”
- “When I receive criticism I respond with, ‘you could be right’ – I know it is their story of me, not mine.”
- “Love has conditions, ‘I love you’ equals ‘I’ll trade you’ – is this a business contract?”
- “I am happier if I love you – you don’t have to love me – you don’t even have to participate!”
Great life lessons to live by… somehow it makes life easier and more enjoyable.
Oct 10 Webcast: Oprah and Eckhart Tolle – The False Power of Ego. Go to link: http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/The-Complete-Webcast-of-Oprahs-Lifeclass-with-Eckhart-Tolle-Video#ixzz1h5zKRrs0